For Immediate Release
Presentations to provide insight on business and regulatory issues
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) is pleased to announce the 6th annual International Single-Use Summit will be held July 11-13, 2016, in Washington, D.C., with a primary focus on the global promise and expanded deployment prospects for single-use technologies (SUTs).
Technical topics will be blended with business and regulatory presentations to provide a mix of issues that surround the rapid global emergence of single-use as the “go-to” platform in bioprocessing.
“This unique coupling of technical and business topics is the key to the value of our program again for 2016,” said John Boehm of CPC and Chairman of BPSA’s Board of Directors. “For component manufacturers, system integrators and especially users, risk-mitigation is the key to accelerated adoption of single-use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. We will address key technical topics in-depth, as well as provide context to the current business climate, inclusive of government initiatives and projected market growth. It’s going to be interesting and informative for all.”
Topics for the 2016 event include:
- Entrepreneur and Author J.D. Kleinke will look at the future of pharma in his keynote address, particularly focusing on the explosion of clinical efforts in bio-tech that will lead to new targeted therapies, or “niche busters” (vs. blockbusters), that will take center stage in the decade to come. What externalities may impact price and production and how these changes may drive new single-use technology innovations are key linkages.
- Chad Moutray, Chief Economist with the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), will discuss the state of the global economy and how it may impact employment, innovation and the biotech and biopharma industries, with a nod to upcoming national elections.
- Desmond Hunt, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), will present the latest iterations of the USP 661.3 draft document to codify competing test standards surrounding extractable testing and risk mitigation around SUTs.
- Tad Radzinski, President of Sustainable Solutions, will provide expert views on how plastics-centric single-use product manufacturers and users can best collaborate to minimize and dispose of polymer waste streams in a sustainable fashion that makes economic sense.
- Panelists from Therapeutic Proteins Inc., Lonza and Catalent will address the Future Markets for Expansion of Single Use, particularly biosimilars, cell therapy and contract manufacturing and how these markets will further the demand for SUTs in the near term.
- “Hot Topic” Panels will focus on key technical topics critical to advancing SUTs. There will be ample time for questions following each panel.
“With the 2016 Summit, our sixth consecutive annual event, we have again put together a program that will appeal to CEOs, manufacturing VPs, quality-assurance experts, single-use systems integrators, educators and vaccine and biopharma providers,” said Kevin Ott, Executive Director of BPSA. “This meeting is dedicated to addressing everything you need to know about single-use…..right now.”
BPSA will also release an all-new technical guide on Integrity testing – The Design, Control & Monitoring for Integrity Assurance of Single-Use Systems – at ISUS 2016.
The summit will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel Georgetown in Washington, D.C. The full agenda, registration and hotel information can be viewed here, or at www.bpsalliance.org.
The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) was formed in 2005 as an industry-led corporate member trade association dedicated to encouraging and accelerating the adoption of single-use manufacturing technologies used in the production of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. For more information, please visit www.bpsalliance.org, or contact Kevin Ott, Executive Director, at email@example.com.