Registration is now open for the 2017 National Chemical Safety Symposium – Hosted by ChemStewards. This year’s event will once again focus on process safety, as well as feature discussions with our Government Relations team and other key stakeholders on local, state federal issues impacting the specialty chemical industry. Register now!
This year’s National Chemical Safety Symposium will take place on October 11-12, 2017 at the Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria, Houston, TX. Admission is $250 per person for SOCMA members and $350 per person for non-members. Early bird rate is available when you register before July 21st.
Our keynote speakers, Vanessa Sutherland, Chairperson of the Chemical Safety Board, and Dr. M. Sam Mannan, Regent Professor of the Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University, will highlight our outstanding group of speakers.
9:00 AM – 11:30 PM : Legislative and Regulatory Update
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM : Workshop – Driving Continual Improvement
in Conduct of Operations of Chemical Enterprises led by Jerry Jones
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM : Networking Reception
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM : National Safety Symposium
hosted by ChemStewards
Symposium Topics and Speakers Include:
- Process Safety Culture – Donald Abrahamson, CCPS, Process Safety Auditor
- Safe Work Practices in Chemical Process Industry Facilities – David Belonger, DJB Associates LLC
- Panel Discussion - Process Safety Challenges facing small and mid-size chemical companies
- Keynote speaker –Vanessa Sutherland, Chairwoman Chemical Safety Board
- Keynote Speaker – Dr. Sam Mannan, Regent Professor of the Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University
For more information on the event and sponsorships, contact the ChemStewards
team at (571) 348-5100