ChemStewards® Core Principles
Core Principles is the first component of the ChemStewards program.
The ChemStewards program focuses on five target areas common to performance improvement programs worldwide:
- Stakeholder communications;
- Product stewardship;
- EHS&S in planning and operations;
- Employee training and engagement;
- Resource management and waste minimization
The ChemStewards Core Principles is a pledge to continuous improvement. To become an Active Category Member of SOCMA, the company must sign the following statement:
ChemStewards Core Principles
As a member of SOCMA, our company is dedicated to continuous improvement in environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) performance. We promote innovative, safe and responsible operations and contribute to a healthy, productive economy. To meet these responsibilities, we pledge to manage our business according to the following principles:
- We will communicate with and engage employees, business partners and the community to foster a greater understanding on environmental, health, safety and security matters.
- We will promote the concepts of product stewardship throughout a product's lifecycle.
- We will make environmental, health, safety and security considerations a priority in our planning and operations for all new and existing products and processes.
- We will train employees in their environmental, health, safety and security responsibilities and promote involvement and accountability in these areas.
- We will continuously strive to use our resources efficiently and minimize waste.
Click here for ChemStewards Core Principles Form.
Contact ChemStewards® Team for more information or assistance.