Business Excellence for CDMO's and Their Supply Chain Partners
October 27, 2016
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SOCMA is pleased to announce its first-ever invitation-only meeting designed for senior executives representing contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) and their supply chain partners. Because the environment in which CDMOs operate is hyper-competitive these days, SOCMA is convening an exclusive meeting for its members to learn from notable industry consultants and engage in a facilitated discussion on various topics focused on business operational excellence.
Target Attendee: Preferably COO, VP level with high-level authority and responsibility within company. This will be a relatively small forum; therefore in order for it be successful, we wish to attract senior-level folks who can and are willing to share their perspectives and carry some “weight” in the room.
Ancillary Attendees: Service providers (e.g. separation/purification services), CRO’s and excipient/intermediate suppliers with whom CDMO’s may do business
8:30-9:00 AM - Coffee and Muffins
9:00-9:15 AM - Introductions
9:15-10:00 AM - Jim Miller, Founder and President of PharmSource Information Services, Inc.
10:00-10:45 AM - Stu Levy, Principal Consultant at SGL Chemistry Consulting, LLC
10:45-11:00 AM - BREAK
11:00-11:45 AM - Jim Bruno, Owner of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Solutions
12:00-1:00 PM - Lunch * sponsor remarks by UBM
1:00-1:45 PM - Angelos Dovletoglou, Executive Director Preclinical Development Sciences and Acting Head of Regulatory Affairs, Epizyme
1:45-3:45 PM - Group Discussion * moderated by Stuart Levy
3:45-4:00 PM - Wrap-up
Morning Session – Four dynamic speakers:
- Jim Miller, President of PharmSource Information Services, Inc – overview of the landscape at the outset is essential, especially considering the ongoing volatility and flux(acquisitions, divestments, reorganizations, change in service offerings) of the CDMO sector serving the pharmaceutical industry
- Stuart Levy, president of SGL Chemistry Consulting, LLC – focus on doing business with small-to-medium-sized companies, with an entrepreneurial perspective (presumably this could include insights into dealing with virtual companies.
- Jim Bruno, principal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Solutions – focus on contract R&D and manufacturing, emphasis on late-stage end-of-the-development spectrum
- Angelos Dovletoglou, Ph.D., Executive Director of Preclinical Development Sciences & Acting Head of Regulatory Affairs, Epizyme – focus on timing of API development activities within the drug development cycle; budget and prioritization of these activities
Afternoon Session – Led by Stuart Levey, a facilitated group discussion on the following topics:
- Key attributes that sponsors seek in preferred CDMO partnerships
- Challenges in dealing with virtual companies
- Establishing key performance indicators and executing successfully to them
- Setting up/effectively managing strategic alliances with customers
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
One Hotel Drive
Boston, MA 02128
Deadline/Cut-Off Date for Sleeping Rooms is on: Monday 10/3/2016
Booking website: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/B/BOSLHHH-PFM-20161023/index.jhtml
Contact Jenny Gaines at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 721-4123.
Contact Sandra Lehrer at email@example.com or (202) 721-4165 for hotel questions.
Contact Caron Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 721-4166 for registration questions.