SOCMA's Chemical Operator Training Manual
SOCMA’s Chemical Operator Training (COT) Manual serves as a great resource for guidance of systems, practices and processes. If your facility is required to be certified under Process Safety Management (PSM), the material will assist you with OSHA compliance.
Your plant operators play a vital role in the overall safety and performance of your operation. This affects not only your personal safety, and the safety of your co-workers, but indeed can also affect the safety of your family and the surrounding community. Help ensure your operators are trained properly to minimize risk!
- No customization necessary - Adaptable to your facility
- Use as is, or use to supplement your own in-house training program
- Each chapter includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint Presentation for students, and self-assessment test (with answer key)
- Excellent resource for both new and experienced operators
- Basic Safety
- Basic Skills I: Mathematics/Chemistry/Energy Conversion
- Process Safety Management
- Basic Skills II: Property, Pressure, Temperature, Vapor/Liquid
- Unit Operations
- Plant Economics
- Environmental Operations
- Reactor Systems
- Reactor Operationsv
- Plant Equipment
- Reactor Auxiliary Equipment
- Control Systems
- OSHA Safety Compliance
COST | Printed/Downloadable PDF Version
SOCMA Members: Free to download chapters (PDF files) online or $350 to mail a hard copy; free annual updates
Non-members: $1,995 for materials; additional cost may apply for updates.
Academic Institutions should contact email@example.com for pricing.
QUESTIONS? Email ChemStewards at firstname.lastname@example.org.