The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) is dedicated to specialty chemical manufacturers, distributors and affiliated service providers. Since 1921 SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies located around the world bringing world-class support uniquely tailored to enhance the operational excellence of our member companies. SOCMA is the only U.S.-based trade association dedicated solely to the specialty chemical industry, making us the leading authority on this sector. SOCMA:
- Accelerates the potential for members’ growth by maximizing commercial and networking opportunities and strengthening members’ business and operations through value-added services
- Increases public confidence in the chemical industry
- Positively influences the passage of rational laws and regulations that allow members to operate in a productive manner as good corporate citizens
Collectively, SOCMA members are key drivers to a successful economy, contributing $24 billion annually to the U.S. GDP. Our members play an indispensable role in the global chemical supply chain by producing intermediates, specialty chemicals and ingredients used to develop a wide range of industrial, commercial and consumer products, essential to the well-being and lives of people everywhere.
SOCMA speaks for and serves specialty chemical companies which make products essential to the life, health and well-being of people everywhere. SOCMA achieves its mission by:
- Accelerating the potential for member growth and strengthening the members' business and operations
- Increasing public confidence in the chemical industry
- Positively influencing the passage of rational laws and regulations
SOCMA is the recognized voice of the specialty chemical industry. SOCMA strives to enable safe, sustainable and environmentally responsible operations which are internationally competitive and contribute to a healthy, productive economy.