Stay informed on the latest international chemical regulations
SOCMA recognizes the value of remaining aware of developments related to health, safety and environmental regulations in other countries and international organizations [e.g., the European Union, China, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)]. SOCMA provides timely information regarding regulations in other countries and the latest regulatory developments worldwide. The IRCN provides information to members interested in monitoring and responding to international chemical control regulations. The group also facilitates networking information exchanges, dissemination of regulatory and legislative updates. The IRCN functions through email exchanges, periodic conference calls and one meeting per year. Members communicate with each other by asking questions, validating assumptions, offering advice, and sharing best practices. IRCN staff will serve as a hub or library for this information.
Who Should Join?
SOCMA's IRCN is open to member and non-member companies who have an interest in international chemical control laws. The IRCN works to identify issues and address regulatory challenges around the world. The IRCN stays up to date on the harmonization of global regulatory schemes like the Globally Harmonized System for Classification and Labeling (GHS) adopted by the United Nations and forums such as the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Chemical Dialogues.
Benefits of Coalition Membership
Membership benefits include:
- Up-to-date information sharing and networking among industry experts on pertinent international regulatory and legislative initiatives related to chemical control laws.
- Active contacts with key regulatory officials (e.g., EPA, DOC, USTR and international regulatory agencies).
- No SOCMA membership requirement.
- Reasonable management fees.
- Established networking connections to the chemical industry, government and other related stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable and dedicated staff and members.
For further information, contact:
Vice President, Legal & Government Relations