Core Principles is the first component of the ChemStewards program.
The ChemStewards program focuses on five target areas common to performance improvement programs worldwide:
- Stakeholder communications
- Product stewardship
- EHS&S in planning and operations
- Employee training and engagement
- Resource management and waste minimization
The ChemStewards Core Principles is a pledge to continuous improvement. As a “Manufacturer” member of SOCMA, the company must sign the following statement:
ChemStewards Core Principles
As a member of SOCMA, our company is dedicated to continuous improvement in environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) performance. We promote innovative, safe and responsible operations and contribute to a healthy, productive economy. To meet these responsibilities, we pledge to manage our business according to the following principles:
- We will communicate with and engage employees, business partners and the community to foster a greater understanding on environmental, health, safety and security matters.
- We will promote the concepts of product stewardship throughout a product's lifecycle.
- We will make environmental, health, safety and security considerations a priority in our planning and operations for all new and existing products and processes.
- We will train employees in their environmental, health, safety and security responsibilities and promote involvement and accountability in these areas.
We will continuously strive to use our resources efficiently and minimize waste.
Click here for ChemStewards Core Principles Form.
Contact ChemStewards® Team for more information or assistance.