2014 ChemStewards® Regional Roundtables
Preventing and Mitigating Loss of Containment Incidents – The Key Objectives of Process Safety
SOCMA Members: FREE
Non-members: $49 per person
Jerry L. Jones, PE, will lead five SOCMA regional roundtable meetings across the country this year as a follow-up to the successful SOCMA Chemical Enterprise Risk Management Workshop that he led in Houston in 2013. In addition to his consulting work on chemical process development and scale up, Jerry also serves as a staff consultant and instructor for the AIChE Center for Chemical Process Safety.
Each roundtable will be presented as an exclusive, full day workshop – offering attendees the opportunity to learn more about trends and methodologies in chemical enterprise risk management (with a focus on preventing loss of containment incidents) while engaging with fellow EHS&S professionals and SOCMA members.
This one day workshop is intended to provide attendees with sufficient information and instructional aids to prepare them, upon return to their chemical production sites, to:
- Establish or further improve a risk based safety culture at the site,
- Explain a number of key chemical process safety concepts to site personnel to help them better understand site process safety risks and controls, and
- Train site personnel on OSHA PSM and EPA RMP regulatory requirements as well as a number of prudent risk based process safety management activities.
At the end of the day, attendees should be prepared to utilize a number of instructional aids at their plant sites, including several slide decks provided by the facilitator, OSHA PSM compliance training materials (developed under an OSHA Training Grant and available as free online downloads), a listing of relevant AIChE CCPS Guidelines books to help with implementation of specific process safety management elements, and a list of Chemical Safety Board videos (available as free online downloads) to illustrate specific risk exposures and management system failures in chemical process safety.
- March 18*-19 - Cleveland, OH, hosted by McGean Inc. with lunch sponsored by Thompson Hine LLP
- April 8*-9 - Greenville, SC, hosted by Ortec Inc.
Hyatt Regency Greenville
220 N. Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601
- April 15*-16 - Houston, TX, hosted by TM Chemicals LP
4406 Independence Pkwy South
La Porte, TX 77571
- May 13*-14 - Philadelphia, PA, lunch sponsored by Strem Chemicals, Inc.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City
237 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- June 12*-13 - Kalama, WA, hosted by Emerald Performance Materials, LLC
Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC
1296 Third Street, NW
Kalama, WA 98625
*Introduction to ChemStewards Optimization Program
Who Should Attend?
Any individuals associated with the chemical manufacturing industry are encouraged to attend, particularly SOCMA members, EHS&S Staff and LEPCs.
Questions? Contact Bridget Cusick at (202) 721-4197 or ChemStewards team.
Events & Conferences
What Members Are Saying…
"ChemStewards® has provided and implemented an excellent tool kit for ChemStewards® Management Systems that is very user friendly with lots of how-tos. ChemStewards staff offer a quick response when contacted. Bottom line, ChemStewards® is an extension of EHS&S and a value to systems support."