SOCMA’s 11th Annual Chemical Industry Golf Tournament
September 23, 2014
Chester Valley Golf Club
SOCMA’s 11th Annual Chemical Industry Golf Tournament will return to Chester Valley Golf Club, outside Philadelphia, providing fun and networking while raising money for the American Chemical Society (ACS) Scholars Program. Proceeds from the tournament will help sponsor scholarships for qualified applicants who want to enter the fields of chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering and students seeking degrees in chemical technology. Become part of SOCMA tradition - play, network and support a worthy cause!
The tournament will be played scramble-style, and will include buffet lunch beforehand, as well as a reception, awards presentation and dinner afterwards. The awards reception will include prizes for the top teams, closest to the pin winners, longest drive winners, as well as a raffle. Players will also have a chance to win a 2014 Audi A5 Convertible (courtesy of Audi Conshohocken), with a hole-in-one on the 165-yard 7th hole. Don’t miss this opportunity to network with chemical industry decision-makers while having fun, winning great prizes and supporting the future of the industry.
- Foursome: $1,400
- Individual: $350
- Reception Only: $100
Fee Includes: Greens fee, golf cart fees for foursome, range balls, beverage cart, buffet lunch, reception and dinner buffet
(Subject to change)
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM . . . Registration/Golfer Check-In
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM . . . Lunch Buffet
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM . . . Practice Area Open
12:30 PM . . . . . . . . . . . . Shotgun Start - Scramble Format
5:45 PM - 6:45 PM . . . . . Cocktail Reception
6:45 PM - 9:00 PM . . . . . Dinner & Awards Ceremony
The following are prohibited from the golf course/clubhouse: denim attire (jeans, skirts, dresses), shorts shorter than mid-thigh, cut-offs, tank or halter tops and t-shirts or shirts without collars. Shirt tails must be tucked in, and trousers must be worn at waist level. Turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks are acceptable. Soft spike golf shoes are welcome throughout the club.
The Desmond Hotel
One Liberty Blvd.
Malvern, PA 19355
Room Rate: $149 per night (single/double)
Reservations Cut-Off Date: Monday, August 25, 2014
You must mention "SOCMA" to receive the discounted rate.
Option #1 – Shuttle service to/from Philadelphia Airport
- Contact A2Z Airport Shuttle at (610) 644-5858.
- A2Z prefers a minimum of 12 hours notice before travel begins to book a shuttle.
- If you forget to make a reservation, A2Z also has designated departure times from the airport to the Desmond Hotel. The shuttle will depart from the airport at: 8:05AM; 10:05AM; 12:05PM; 2:05PM; 4:05PM; 6:05PM; 8:05PM.
Option #2 – AMTRAK to Paoli Station – Paoli, PA
- The Paoli Amtrak station can be reached on the following trains: The Pennsylvanian (travels between NYC and Pittsburgh, PA) and The Keystone (travels between NYC and Harrisburg, PA).
- Contact the Desmond Hotel front desk at 1-800-575-1776 for shuttle service to the hotel.
- Visit www.amtrak.com for date/time schedules.
Option #3 – SEPTA Regional Rail to/from Philadelphia Airport, Philadelphia Amtrak Station or Paoli Amtrak Station
- R1 train from airport to Philadelphia 30th Street Amtrak Station
- R5 from the Philadelphia 30th Street Station to Paoli Amtrak Station
- Contact the Desmond Hotel front desk at 1-800-575-1776 for free shuttle service to the hotel.
- Visit www.septa.org for date/time schedules.