SOCMA’s 12th Annual Chemical Industry Golf Tournament Recap
Stay tuned for more information on ACS and SOCMA 2016 Annual Golf Tournament!
September 29, 2015
Chester Valley Golf Club
Despite a brief delay due to a thunderstorm, SOCMA members and guests had a great time networking and raising funds to benefit the American Chemical Society's Scholars Program on Tuesday, September 29, at the 12th Annual Chemical Industry Golf Tournament at the Chester Valley Golf Club in Malvern, PA. The Scholars Program helps underprivileged students succeed in chemistry-related fields.
A 50/50 raffle, putting contest and mulligans raffle raised more than $1,400 for the day, and Robyn Duda, Portfolio Director for InformEx and Seatrade Cruise Global at UBM Americas, also announced her organization would make a $2,500 donation to the Scholars Program. Duda served as emcee for the golf awards program that followed the tournament.
InformEx’s contribution, combined with the generosity of dozens of attendees, will provide the ACS Scholars Program with a substantial donation. Following tradition, SOCMA’s presentation to the Scholars Program will take place at the 94th Annual Dinner on December 7 at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan in New York.
Three teams finished the tournament with a score of 62. As a tie-breaker, teams were judged on how well they did on the back nine holes.
Congratulations to the First Flight and Overall Winners:
- Andy Harris, Accella Performance Materials
- Greg Dooling, Dooling Tire
- Paul Dooling, Dooling Tire
- Kevin Yttre, Grace Matthews
First Place, Second Flight:
- Kurt Jones, Iofina Chemical
- Kurt Cartsen, Air Liquide
- Jim McManemin, UBM
- Tom Scanlan, CE Communications Group LLC
- Second Place, First Flight: Dr. Holland Jordan, SOCMA; Dan Slick, ChayseChem; Ben Jones, Century Global, LLC; and Rob Waltermire, BristolMeyerSquibb
- Second Place, Second Flight: Nick La Magna, Royal Chemical Company; Anne Brennan, Net@work; Dave Doles, Lonza; and Heather Errigo, Lynx
- Men's Closest to the Pin: Dr. Atsuo Suga, TCI America
- Women's Closest to the Pin: Amanda Goodman, Deacom
SOCMA would like to thank Gene Williams of Optima Chemical, Michael Ott of Polysciences, Inc., Jack Drawdy of MFG Chemical and Dr. J. Holland Jordan of SOCMA for serving on the 2015 Golf Committee.
Thank you Sponsors!