The Environment Committee focuses on a wide range of issues, including hazardous waste, regulatory reform, water rules, air regulations and record keeping reporting. The committee is actively involved in sponsoring educational workshops and influencing regulatory rule makings. The committee also oversees the implementation of the Pollution Prevention components of ChemStewards. Committee members work with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop comments on rulemakings, develop alternatives to the current regulatory structure, create compliance guidance manuals, and host workshops on environmental issues. The Committee also works with EPA's SectorStrategies program to facilitate progress on a host of regulatory environmental issues.
SOCMA's committees provide an invaluable service by advising on an extensive range of subjects and issues that aid the Board of Governors in the decision-making process.
- National Emissions Standards For Hazardous Air Pollutants From Miscellaneous Organic Chemical Manufacturing And Miscellaneous Coating Manufacturing (MON MACT)
- Boiler and Process Heater NESHAP
- Area Source Regulations
- CAA Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction Plans
- Risk Management Program
- Uniform Standards
- Finalized: Streamlined Pretreatment Rule
- Subpart YYY (Proposed Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources: Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Emissions from the Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturing Industry (SOCMI) Wastewater)
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
Hazardous Waste Issues:
Environmental Data Issues:
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-know Act (EPCRA), TRI Burden Reduction Revisions
- EPA Sector Program
- Innovative Programs
Contact Dan Moss.