SOCMA’s President’s Leadership Award
SOCMA’s success depends on the commitment and “sweat equity” of you, our members. In recognition of your dedication, we have developed a program to reward members (individuals or companies) for their contributions.
SOCMA’s President’s Leadership Award has been created to provide a forum to highlight and recognize exceptional member input and service in one of two Categories:
- Excellence in Service -- Awarded to a member company which has significantly contributed to the growth of the organization and benefited the member value proposition, and
- Excellence in Advocacy -- Awarded to a member company which has been influential in the passage of rational laws and regulations benefitting the chemical industry and/or increasing public confidence in the chemical industry.
Application and Evaluation Process:
All SOCMA member companies’ employees are eligible. A company colleague, committee member, member of SOCMA’s Board of Governors, or SOCMA staff may nominate an individual(s) for an award. No self-nominations are permitted.
The President’s Award is NOT necessarily given out each year. Limit one award winner per Category.
A letter supporting the nominee’s application describing why the individual deserves a particular award must accompany the completed award application. Relevant supplemental information may also be included as part of the nomination package. A description of each award is located at the end of this package.
Completed applications for all awards must be received by September 30, 2013.
The Executive Committee of SOCMA’s Board of Governors will determine the honoree. Award recipients will be determined by a blind evaluation and notified by November 1, 2013.
The recipient(s) are honored at SOCMA’s Annual Dinner. Recipient(s) will receive free registration to attend.
AWARD CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS:
Excellence in Service
This Category recognizes the outstanding achievements of a dedicated SOCMA member company which has significantly contributed to the growth of the organization and strengthened the member value proposition.
- Contributing to a new program or service that helps members achieve operational efficiencies and/or tangible value
- Assisting in significantly growing the membership
- Serving as a goodwill ambassador to fellow members which results in greater member engagement and subsequent retention
- Leading a committee in an exceptional manner (e.g., taking on and/or spearheading a particular issue that is deemed high priority for the membership, representing the committee before the Board and/or at other non-SOCMA events)
Excellence in Advocacy
This Category recognizes outstanding achievements of a dedicated SOCMA member company which has been influential in the passage of rational laws and regulations benefitting the chemical industry and/or increasing public confidence in the chemical industry.
- Demonstrating leadership and expertise in an issue area that results in tangible value to the membership
- Serving as the issue spokesperson and representing SOCMA at meetings with federal agencies, legislators, trade groups, and others.
If you have any questions regarding SOCMA’s Individual Member Recognition Award Program, please contact Larry Sloan, SOCMA President, at (202) 721-4151 or email
What Members Are Saying…
“Right off the bat, SOCMA’s ChemStewards provides you with a template that shows you good practices that should be implemented across-the-board. And the dialogue with other members and SOCMA staff is very valuable. You would have to pay a lot of money to bring in that kind of expertise, but with SOCMA, it’s all a benefit of membership.”