Why SOCMA is the Preferred Association for the Small and Medium-Sized Chemical Enterprise (SME)
There are 6 reasons why your company, as a Small and Medium-Sized Chemical Enterprise (SME) in the batch, custom and specialty chemical industry, should join SOCMA.
- Community – There is strength in numbers. SOCMA makes it a priority to learn how we can help our members’ communities.
- Recognition – The SOCMA Board of Governors (BoG) and committees are comprised of executives from companies like yours. No “one-size” perspective or specific product line is solely represented. Committees are led by our member companies, not by SOCMA staff.
- Representation on Capitol Hill & Inside Regulatory Agencies – SOCMA is recognized by government bodies (Congress, Department of Homeland Security, EPA, OSHA, etc.) as the expert in all matters dealing with batch, custom and specialty chemical SMEs. Policymakers regularly look to SOCMA to be the voice of the SME chemical industry on current industry priorities.
- Environmental Emphasis – Because each of our members is unique, ChemStewards® was created especially for the SME, by SME’s. Unlike other Performance Improvement programs, ChemStewards compliance is facility-specific.
- Tools – SOCMA’s unique services, tools and resources aid in the pursuit of excellence in the specialty chemical supply chain:
PMNPro - Pre-Manufacturing Notification Services
Association Management Services
ChemAlliance.org Regulatory Website
SOCMA’s Q&A Online Forum
SOCMA’s Marketplace & Chemical Services Directory
SOCMA’s Member Peer Groups
CIMS database - A database that is a "one-stop shop" for all compliance data. ISO, OSHA, EPA, etc data is stored in one place for easier record keeping, access, and efficiency.
- Informex Tradeshow – Only SOCMA members receive an approximate 50% discount on booth space. Over 170 of SOCMA member companies exhibit at Informex.
What Members Are Saying…
“SOCMA has had an extraordinary impact on the success of our business. There is no doubt that without SOCMA we definitely would not be as successful as we are today. The organization is an invaluable resource. We don’t part with dues dollars lightly, but believe every dollar spent with SOCMA has provided immeasurable returns.”