SOCMA is the only U.S. trade association representing the specialty chemical sector for companies of all sizes. Established in 1921, SOCMA supports the industry with programs that maximize commercial and networking opportunities, increase public confidence and positively influence passage of rational laws and regulations.
- Engaged in the commercial manufacture of specialty chemicals in North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico).
- MUST show commitment to performance improvement by participating in the ChemStewards® program.
Dues are based upon sales in North America.
Examples of Manufacturer Benefits:
- ChemStewards (EHS&S Program)
- Advocacy and legislative support
- Discount at InformEx and CPHI North America
- Industry news services and publications
- Leadership role on committees
- 10 annual meetings and events, including SOCMA’s Annual Dinner discount
- Chemical Operator Training Manual
Contact SOCMA for a full list of benefits and features, or to speak with someone about joining SOCMA.
Dues to the association are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. A small portion of dues, however, is not deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense to the extent that the association engages in lobbying.