SOCMA Welcomes Twelve New Members
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 6, 2008
For More Information:
Assistant Manager, Communications
Washington, DC - The Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association (SOCMA) is proud to announce the approval of the following companies for membership at the October 27 meeting of the SOCMA Board of Governors. These twelve new members represent a diverse group of businesses, including many smaller, independent manufacturers of specialty chemicals.
“The specialty-batch chemical industry is facing new challenges with a rocky economy and changing presidential administration. SOCMA is ready to go to bat and will work hard for all our members,” said SOCMA President Joe Acker. “We are pleased to welcome this impressive list of businesses that will make excellent additions to the SOCMA roster of 300 member companies. SOCMA strives to provide the best advocacy, EHS&S assistance and business opportunities and I believe the new members will be appropriately served.”
New SOCMA members include:
- Abrachem Group, LLC – Clifton, NJ – Abrachem Group offers a wide variety of outsourcing solutions to the chemical and flavor and fragrance industries. In addition to warehousing, transportation, and repackaging, Abrachem also provides processing services such as grinding and blending.
- Cherokee Pharmaceuticals, LLC – Philadelphia, PA -- Cherokee Pharmaceuticals is an API manufacturer headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with manufacturing operations in Riverside, PA. The company provides custom and fermentation manufacturing services and a process development lab for scale-process development.
- Equinox Chemicals, LLC – Albany, GA -- Equinox Chemicals is a custom organic synthesis research and manufacturing company. The company specializes in the preparation and design of organic molecules and offers a wide range of synthetic services for a variety of market sectors.
- Genesee Polymers Corporation – Burton, MI -- Genesee Polymers is a manufacturer of polymers and resins. The company offers a variety of specialty products such as release agents, lubricants for metal working and die casting, and foam control additives, as well as custom manufacturing services in the areas of polymerization, hydrosilation, and distillation.
- Magnablend, Inc. -- Waxahachie, TX -- Magnablend specializes in custom chemical manufacturing, blending, and packaging. The company manufactures products based on customers’ own formulations and specifications, but can assist in the development of new formulations as well.
- InChem Corporation – Rocky Hill, SC -- InChem Corporation is a global specialty resin and surfactant manufacturer. The company’s resins are manufactured at its Rock Hill production facility and are used in coatings, inks, adhesives and composites. InChem’s surfactants are produced in Portugal, France, and South Africa. The company also offers large-scale tolling services.
- Reaxis, Inc. – McDonald, PA -- Reaxis, Inc. manufactures a variety of catalysts used in the processing and production of liquid polymers, plastics, coatings, adhesives and sealants. Reaxis also manufactures a line of chemicals used in surfactants and finishing applications.
- WuXi AppTec, Inc. (AppTec Laboratory Services) – Philadelphia, PA -- WuXi AppTec offers testing and contract manufacturing services for pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, cellular therapies, medical devices, and tissue-based products. The firm maintains process development and manufacturing operations in Shanghai, China and St. Paul, Minnesota.
- First Advantage – St. Petersburg, FL -- First Advantage offers talent acquisition and employee-screening services for the petrochemical industry. The company specializes in reducing time and costs associated with recruitment, applicant tracking, and chemical facility anti-terrorism standards (CFATS) solutions.
- Wachovia Insurance Services, Inc. – Summit, NJ -- Wachovia Insurance Services provides insurance and risk management services to manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and processors of chemicals and chemical-related products.
- AlzChem GmbH – Trostberg, Germany -- AlzChem produces a wide range of specialty chemicals with applications for pigments, agrochemicals, and pharmaceuticals. A subsidiary of Evonik Degussa, AlzChem maintains manufacturing operations in Germany and a sales office in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Rionlon Bohua Pharmaceutical and Chemical Co., Ltd. – Tianjin, China -- Rionlon Pharmaceutical and Chemical Co., Ltd. develops, manufactures, and markets various fine chemicals such as pharmaceutical intermediates, dye intermediates and polymer additives. The company also provides custom processing services.
# # #
SOCMA is the leading trade association, serving the specialty-batch and custom chemical industry since 1921. SOCMA’s nearly 300 members employ more than 100,000 workers across the country and produce 50,000 products valued at $60 billion annually. For more information please visit www.socma.com.
ChemStewards® is SOCMA’s flagship environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) continuous performance improvement program. ChemStewards was created from industry’s commitment to reducing the environmental footprint left by member’s facilities. Industry created ChemStewards to meet the unique needs of the batch, custom, and specialty chemical industry. As a mandatory requirement for SOCMA members engaged in the manufacturing or handling of synthetic and organic chemicals, ChemStewards is helping participants reach for superior EHS&S performance. To learn more visit www.chemstewards.com.
What Members Are Saying…
“Several of our facilities are involved in processes related to food and feed applications and must be certified under various initiatives. We have found that in many cases the systems we have established under the ChemSystems program serve as great building platforms for meeting the requirements for these other certifications, and as a result the approval process has been greatly simplified.”