SOCMA Welcomes Seven New Members in Fourth Quarter
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 30, 2008
For More Information:
Assistant Manager, Communications
Washington, DC - The Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association (SOCMA) is proud to announce the approval of the following companies for membership at the December 8 meeting of the SOCMA Board of Governors. These seven new members represent a diverse group of businesses, including many smaller, independent manufacturers of specialty chemicals.
“SOCMA is ready to support our growing community of member companies through 2009,” said SOCMA President Joe Acker. “We are pleased to welcome these newest members and look forward to their participation in our organization. I am confident SOCMA will tackle the New Year’s upcoming challenges affecting the specialty-batch chemical industry and continue to provide the best business opportunities, advocacy and performance improvement assistance to all our members, new and veteran.”
New SOCMA members include:
- APAC Pharmaceutical, LLC – Fairfield, NJ – APAC Pharmaceutical manufactures specialty chemicals, advanced intermediates, and provides cGMP API Custom manufacturing. The company maintains research and manufacturing operations in the United States and China.
- AlphaChem of Georgia, Inc. – Ambrose, GA – AlphaChem of Georgia manufactures a variety of cleaning products and degreasers for the automotive and poultry industries.
- Galactic, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI – Galactic, Inc. is a global supplier of lactic acid and lactates. Headquartered in Belgium, the company maintains manufacturing operations in the United States and Europe.
- Novolyte Technologies, LP - Baton Rouge, LA - Novolyte Technologies produces electrolytes used in the manufacture of lithium batteries, specialty solvents, and phosphines. The company also performs contract manufacturing of fine chemicals and maintains manufacturing operations in the United States and China.
- PHA Industries, Inc. – Orange, MA – PHA Industries is engaged in the research, process development, and manufacture of specialty and fine chemicals. The company also provides starting materials and reagents in support of the chemical, pharmaceutical, life science, and diagnostic marketplaces.
- AMEC Earth and Environmental – Westford, MA – AMEC provides consultancy, engineering, and project management services to the world’s energy, power, and process industries. AMEC’s Earth and Environmental Division operates more than 150 offices around the world.
- Reaction Science Consulting, LLC – Monmouth Junction, NJ – Reaction Science Consulting provides consulting and contract research and development services for pharmaceutical API and formulation development.
For a full list of all SOCMA members, please click here. For more information on SOCMA membership, please contact Larry Bafundo at (202) 721-4156.
# # #
SOCMA is the leading trade association, serving the specialty-batch and custom chemical industry since 1921. SOCMA’s nearly 300 members employ more than 100,000 workers across the country and produce 50,000 products valued at $60 billion annually. For more information please visit www.socma.com.
ChemStewards® is SOCMA’s flagship environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) continuous performance improvement program. ChemStewards was created from industry’s commitment to reducing the environmental footprint left by member’s facilities. Industry created ChemStewards to meet the unique needs of the batch, custom, and specialty chemical industry. As a mandatory requirement for SOCMA members engaged in the manufacturing or handling of synthetic and organic chemicals, ChemStewards is helping participants reach for superior EHS&S performance. To learn more visit www.chemstewards.com.
What Members Are Saying…
“SOCMA has had an extraordinary impact on the success of our business. There is no doubt that without SOCMA we definitely would not be as successful as we are today. The organization is an invaluable resource. We don’t part with dues dollars lightly, but believe every dollar spent with SOCMA has provided immeasurable returns.”