SOCMA Re-elects Larry Brotherton as Board of Governors Chairman
Six New Members Join
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 13, 2010
Manager, Public Relations & Media
Washington, DC – The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) announced today that Dr. Larry Brotherton, president and CEO of Ortec, Inc., was re-elected as chairman of SOCMA’s Board of Governors during the association’s 89th Annual Membership Meeting in New York on December 6.
“I welcome the opportunity to again serve SOCMA as Board Chairman and continue the important work of creating greater value for our members by strengthening existing programs and developing new services,” said Dr. Brotherton, who assumed the chairmanship in December 2009.
SOCMA members also re-elected the following slate of officers to the Board of Governors for one-year terms:
- Vice Chairman – Nicholas Shackley, BASF Corp.
- Vice Chairman – David Hurder, McGean, Inc.
- Treasurer – David DeCuir, Albemarle Corp.
- Secretary – Steel Hutchinson, GFS Chemicals, Inc.
- Immediate Past Chair – Charles Hinnant, Optima Chemical Group, LLC
Additionally, the following SOCMA members were elected to serve one to three-year terms:
- Walter Adams – Baker Hughes, Inc.
- Charles Bennett – Dixie Chemical Company, Inc.
- Brian Denison – Emerald Performance Materials, LLC
- Charles Gavin – MFG Chemical, Inc.
- Charles Hinton – Ethox Chemicals, LLC
- Aslam Malik – AMPAC Fine Chemicals
- Graham Merfield – Rhodia Inc. / Novecare
- Stephen Munk – Ash Stevens, Inc.
SOCMA’s Board of Governors provides strategic direction, maintains fiscal responsibility, and helps management develop business plans to deliver member value. Through regular meetings, the board ensures effective organizational planning and sees that association resources are properly managed.
# # #
SOCMA is the only U.S. based trade association dedicated solely to the batch, custom and specialty chemical industry. Since 1921, we have represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies, making us the leading authority on this sector. SOCMA has a global membership of more than 200 companies. For more information on our services and products, please visit www.socma.com.
ChemStewards® is SOCMA’s flagship environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) continuous performance improvement program. ChemStewards was created from industry’s commitment to reducing our environmental footprint. Industry created ChemStewards to meet the unique needs of the batch, custom, and specialty chemical industry. As a mandatory requirement for SOCMA members engaged in the manufacturing or handling of chemicals, ChemStewards is helping participants reach for superior EHS&S performance. To learn more visit www.chemstewards.com.